Drs. Roger Suter and Adam Boustany of All Smiles Dental on Old Bridgeport Hill, West Virginia encourage patients with tooth loss to replace their missing teeth as soon as possible to avoid complications such as shifting teeth. Our team may recommend a removable partial denture for those needing to replace one or several teeth within either the top or bottom dental arches.
What are partial dentures?
Partial dentures are a tooth replacement option for people who have lost one or more teeth. The type of denture you choose for your smile will depend on your budget, how the denture works with your mouth, and how much it affects your speech and eating abilities. Unlike complete or full dentures, partial dentures use existing teeth to support the appliance and ensure it stays in place, eliminating the need for traditional denture adhesives.
Why might patients choose removable partial dentures to replace missing teeth?
Our Bridgeport and Clarksburg patients might choose removable partial dentures for a number of reasons.
- They may be less expensive than other options, such as implants or fixed bridges.
- They may be considered more convenient because they can be removed and cleaned easily.
- They can help restore chewing function and improve your ability to eat.
- They can help improve your speech.
- They can help you obtain a fuller, more natural-looking smile.
- They can help prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place.
- Some patients may prefer the look of removable partial dentures over other options.
Is a removable partial denture right for me?
The best candidates for removable partial dentures are patients who are missing one or more teeth but still have healthy gums and some natural teeth remaining. If you are considering a removable partial denture, be sure to discuss your options with your dentist to ensure that it is the best solution for your individual needs.
Schedule an evaluation today
If you have one or a number of teeth missing from your smile and are considering all your options before making a choice, it’s time to educate yourself further on the advantages of removable partial dentures. Call our Bridgeport, WV area team to schedule an appointment near you to find out more. The office is located at 2017 East Pike Street and can be reached at (304) 635-5454.
Share this Article