If you are in the market looking for a solution to your missing teeth, dentures can be a perfect answer for you. Missing teeth not only hamper your appearance but affect essential functions like chewing, speech, and smiling. Fortunately, a dentures dentist in Clarksburg, West Virginia, can help you regain your smile once again.
Regrettably, when you think about dentures, the mental picture you get is an unsightly set of teeth resting in a glass of water. Or a smile that looks like chicklets that clink when you speak. While this perception remains, the technology and science of dentures have evolved far above those old-fashioned notions. For those missing all or some of their teeth, All Smiles Dental offers high-quality dentures.
What are dentures?
Dentures are a set of teeth made from numerous metals,ceramics, and acrylic resin. Dentures are preferable when you have lost all or some teeth due to age, injury, or dental illnesses. There are two types of dentures, namely:
- Partial dentures: Are preferred when you have lost some of your teeth. For instance, when part of the teeth remains on the lower or upper jaw after an accident.
- Complete dentures: They are used when the patient has lost all their teeth. They are placed on top of the gum and restore form, function, and esthetics.
Creating your dentures
To ensure that your dentures are comfortable, we take time to create them. The first process is to take impressions of your mouth that are used to design the prosthetics. Then, if you have existing, decayed, or damaged teeth, we extract them and place healing dentures for about 9 to 12 months. Periodically, you will have to visit our clinic to adjust your healing dentures since the shape and size of your jawbone changes due to missing teeth.
After your healing process, you are now ready for permanent dentures. Again, we take impressions of your smile and model dentures that are comfortable for you now and for years to come.
Taking care of dentures
While most people shudder at the mention of dentures given the level of care needed, maintenance isn’t as complicated as most people think. Here is what you need to do to take care of your dentures:
- Remove and rinse your dentures after a meal with a soft cloth, mild soap, soft-bristled brush, and water
- Brush your dentures at least twice a day using a soft-bristled brush
- Handle your dentures with care when cleaning to avoid breaking
- Soak your dentures overnight
- Schedule regular appointments with your dentist for a checkup, 11% of oral cancer is caused by an ill-fitting denture.
- Avoid exposing your dentures to abrasive materials like stiff-bristled brushes, whitening toothpaste, hot water, and bleaching agents.
Visit All Smiles Dental for Quality Dentures in Clarksburg, West Virginia
If you have been suffering from missing teeth in Clarksburg, West Virginia, it’s your turn to smile. Please contact (304) 635-5454 to book an appointment with Dr. Roger Suter at All Smiles Dental. If you have waited for a brand-new smile for long, the wait is over. Our dentist will fit you with high-quality dentures that will last you many years with proper care.
Share this Article